Years
Foreign Ministry spokesman Randhir Jaiswal said in a weekly press conference in Delhi today that as a result of our concrete efforts, the local authorities of Yemen have postponed his punishment. We are constantly monitoring the matter and providing all possible help. We are also in touch with some friendly governments on this issue. Reports that claim that his death sentence has been canceled and a compromise for his release is wrong. This is a sensitive matter and we urge all sides to stay away from misinformation.
India on Friday confirmed that Yemen officials postponed the death sentence of Kerala nurse Nimisha Priya, who was convicted in a murder case in Yemen in 2017. At the same time, India also rejected media reports stating that his death sentence had been canceled. The government also warned the public about unconfirmed reports and misinformation related to the matter. Jaiswal said that the government is in regular contact with Nimisha and her family and along with local authorities, is providing all the necessary assistance to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Also read this: Nimisha Priya’s death sentence has not been canceled, the Ministry of External Affairs denied the claims of apology!
Foreign Ministry spokesman Randhir Jaiswal said in a weekly press conference in Delhi today that as a result of our concrete efforts, the local authorities of Yemen have postponed his punishment. We are constantly monitoring the matter and providing all possible help. We are also in touch with some friendly governments on this issue. Reports that claim that his death sentence has been canceled and a compromise for his release is wrong. This is a sensitive matter and we urge all sides to stay away from misinformation.
Also read this: I Miss You Mummy..Betty reached Yemen with Nimisha Priya’s husband, appeal to the huts
The office of Grand Mufti Abubakar Musalis of India’s Kanthapuram AP claimed that the death sentence of Nimisha Priya had been officially canceled. The death sentence of the nurse was first temporarily suspended. 38 -year -old Nimisha Priya, who hails from Palakkad district of Kerala, went to Yemen in 2008 for better employment prospects. As a trained nurse, he later shared a commercial partnership with Yemen’s citizen Talal Abdo Mahdi and ran a clinic in the capital Sanaa.
Other news