According to Harvard Medical, there is no significant benefit to the liver from liver detox products.
Green leafy vegetables are very useful for making the liver healthy.
How to Make Liver Healthy: Liver is the largest internal organ of our body. The bigger this organ, the bigger its work. Liver does more than 500 types of work in the body. Liver manufactures bile. Bile is necessary for many processes. It helps in flushing out the toxic material produced during digestion in the stomach. Liver makes many important things including some proteins, cholesterol, hormones which are essential for the body. Nowadays, many things have come in the market in the name of liver detox, which are claimed to cleanse the liver, but in many studies of Harvard University, it has been said that there is no significant benefit from liver detox. It is more important to strengthen the liver than liver detox and for this it is more important to take healthy food.
It has been said in the Harvard Medical website that if we eat healthy food, the liver will be healthy and it will automatically remove the dirt from inside. That’s why no extra effort is required for cleaning the liver, rather the liver gets cleaned from the surrounding things.
These things will make the liver strong
1. Fruit– Fruit is more beneficial for the strength of the liver and not the liver detox product. If we consume some fruits daily, then the liver will be healthy, due to which the liver will continue to be cleaned. Among fruits, blue berry, strawberry, cranberry, grapefruit etc. are more beneficial.
2. Whole GrainsWhole grains are a treasure of health. Whole grains are a treasure trove of dietary fiber. According to Harvard Health, dietary fiber is capable of inhibiting some cancer cells. According to the American Dietary Guidelines, many diseases can be avoided by consuming one cup of whole grains daily.
3. Green Leafy VegetablesGreen leafy vegetables are very useful for making the liver healthy. Many types of anti-oxidants are found in green leafy vegetables which strengthen the liver. These vegetables are very important for overall health. Due to this, there is a lack of free radicals in the body, due to which the oxidative stress is reduced. This puts less pressure on the liver and strengthens the liver.
4. AlmondsAlmond is not only beneficial for the brain but it is also very useful for the liver. Almonds contain many types of antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids which make the liver healthy. Almonds contain polysaturated fatty acids which make liver, kidney, brain and heart healthy.
5. Aerobic ExerciseAccording to Harvard Health, exercise is also necessary to strengthen the liver. Aerobic exercise is very beneficial for the liver. Aerobic exercise includes brisk walking, cycling and more physical activity.
FIRST PUBLISHED : March 23, 2023, 2:57 PM IST