Kolkata4 minutes ago
- Copy link
Demonstrations took place across the country regarding the Kolkata rape case.
The victim of rape and murder case at RG Kar Hospital in Kolkata was under mental stress. A month before the death, he sought professional help. This claim is made by Consultant Psychiatrist Mohit Randeep.
In the Bengali TV channel interview, Mohit Randeep claimed that the victim had to do duty for 36 consecutive hours. He was discriminated against in shift allotment. He had seen many disturbances in the purchase of drugs and medical equipment. After this he was being harassed.
The psychiatrist said that he had given some advice to the trainee doctor and asked him to come again for follow-up counseling. But she did not come. He also said that if necessary, I am ready to testify in front of CBI.
The RG Kar Hospital was raped on the night of 8-9 August. The doctor’s body was found in the seminar hall on the morning of 9 August. Based on the CCTV footage, the police arrested a civic volunteer named Sanjay Roy on 10 August. After this incident, there were demonstrations across the country including Kolkata. Health services were stalled in Bengal for more than 2 months. The CBI is investigating the case.

The trial of the case started on 12 November 2024 in Sealdah Court, 57 days later Sanjay was convicted.
The death certificate of the victim issued after 222 days 222 days after the incident, Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) issued a death certificate of the victim. On March 19, the Health Secretary went to the victim’s house and handed it over to the parents. Earlier on February 23, the victim’s family alleged that Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) was not issuing Death Certificate. While the Panihati municipality has issued a certificate of cremation of the daughter.
Parents had said that KMC officials have said that RG tax is the responsibility of issuing the death certificate. Whereas, the hospital management has said that the certificate will issue KMC.
Question on CBI investigation, Supreme Court asked to file a new petition A hearing was held in the Supreme Court on March 17 on the rape case of the trainee doctor at RG Kar Hospital in Kolkata. Taking automatic cognizance, the bench headed by Chief Justice Sanjeev Khanna gave permission to the victim’s parents to file a petition in the Calcutta High Court.
The family demands that the CBI did not investigate the matter properly. In the petition, further investigation was sought to find out the involvement of the accused besides Sanjay Roy, the main accused.
On the order of the High Court, the investigation was received from Bengal Police to CBI After the incident of August 9, the doctors of the hospital and the victim’s family demanded a CBI inquiry into the case, but Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee did not order an inquiry. After the High Court order, the investigation was handed over to the CBI on 13 August. After this, the CBI started a fresh investigation.

3 accused, 2 bail Apart from the accused Sanjay Roy, former Medical College Principal Sandeep Ghosh was also accused in the case, but the CBI could not file a charge sheet against Ghosh within 90 days, due to which Sealdah Court granted Ghosh bail in the case on 13 December. Apart from this, Abhijeet Mandal, former in -charge of Tala police station, was also granted bail due to not filing a charge sheet.

On September 2, CBI arrested 4 people including college principal Sandeep Ghosh, ASI Anoop Dutta. Ghosh is in jail in a corruption case. Abhijit Mandal of Kolkata Police has got bail.
Earlier, on August 25, the CBI conducted a polygraph test of Sanjay in Kolkata’s Presidency Jail with the help of the Central Forensic Team. The officials questioned him for about 3 hours. There was a polygraph test of 10 people including Sanjay. These included former Principal Sandeep Ghosh, ASI Anoop Dutta, 4 Fellow Doctors, one volunteer and two guards.
