Israel on Tuesday rejected media reports which claimed that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has postponed his proposed visit to India due to security reasons.
Prime Minister Netanyahu himself has said that he has full confidence in India’s security arrangements and both sides are coordinating on new dates for the visit. “Israel’s relationship with India, and the relationship between Prime Minister Netanyahu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is very strong,” the Israeli Prime Minister’s Office said in a social media post.
“Prime Minister Netanyahu has full confidence in India’s security under the leadership of Prime Minister Modi and the team is already coordinating on the new visit date,” it said.
A section of Israeli media had reported that Netanyahu was scheduled to visit New Delhi in December for his first official visit to India since 2018, but the visit has been postponed due to security concerns following the terrorist attack in Delhi earlier this month.
Sources having knowledge of the entire matter told ‘PTI-Bhasha’ here that these reports are merely based on ‘speculation’ and ‘misleading’. He said efforts were being made to finalize mutually convenient dates for Netanyahu’s visit.