A terrible fire broke out in a house in Brampton, Canada last week on November 20, in which a Punjabi family was completely destroyed. Five members of the family, including their unborn child, died in the raging fire, while four others sustained severe burns and are admitted to the ICU.
Peel Regional Police confirmed the tragic incident. Jugraj Singh, who lives in the house, informed the police that he was outside when the fire broke out and is now the only surviving member of the family. Sharing an emotional message on a crowdfunding page, Jugraj Singh said five of his family members, including his mother-in-law, his sister-in-law, his sister-in-law’s two-year-old daughter, his wife’s cousin and his wife’s unborn child, lost their lives in the fire.
Emergency workers were the first to find two bodies at the scene Thursday morning. A third adult’s body was recovered during a search of the wreckage on Friday. The search for two more missing people, including a small child, continued till Sunday afternoon.
According to the police, four other people, including a five-year-old child, managed to escape from the fire. He was seriously injured after jumping from the second floor window.
Jugraj Singh confirmed that his wife and five-year-old son survived but were admitted to the ICU due to severe burns. are under intensive care. A total of 12 people lived in the residence, 10 of whom were from the same multigenerational family, while two tenants living in the basement unit were safe.
Jugraj Singh said that the fire destroyed everything in the house, including his passport, insurance documents, clothes and all other personal belongings. He said he is currently dealing with emotional devastation and a heavy financial burden. He is hoping to raise funds through crowdfunding to repatriate the remains of his loved ones to India.
Also Read: Actress Sonam Bajwa caught in controversy! The issue arose on the shooting of the film in the mosque
Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown revealed the home belongs to an absentee landlord. The landlord applied for a permit to build a second unit in the basement in 2019 but did not request an inspection after the work was completed, the mayor said.
Officials have not yet revealed the cause of the massive fire. Peel Regional Police, Brampton Fire and Emergency Services and the Fire Marshal’s Office are expected to issue an update on the investigation Monday afternoon.
Click for video -:

