Mumbai10 minutes ago
- Copy link
City president of Minorities Democratic Party Faheem Khan was arrested on 19 March two days after the riot and arson incidents.
Bulldozer was run on Monday at the house of Faheem Khan, the main accused in the Nagpur violence for removing Aurangzeb’s tomb. Nagpur Municipal Corporation gave him 24 hours to remove illegal construction from himself, which was completed today.
Located in Sanjay Bagh Colony, Yashodhara Nagar in Nagpur, this house is named after Faheem Khan’s wife. The Municipal Corporation had issued a notice regarding the disturbances in the building plan approval.
In fact, a case of treason has been registered against 6 accused, including Mastermind Faheem in the case of violence for removal of Aurangzeb’s tomb. Faheem is accused of gathering more than 500 rioters and promoting violence.
Faheem is currently in police custody. Earlier on March 21, Faheem Khan filed a petition in the sessions court for bail. Faheem claimed that he was arrested for political vengeance, as he had demanded action against the Vishwa Hindu Parishad workers.
City president of Minorities Democratic Party Faheem Khan was arrested on 19 March two days after the riot and arson incidents.

Fadnavis had said- if needed, bulldozers will also run On Saturday, CM Devendra Fadnavis held a press conference in Nagpur on the fifth day of the violence. He said that the damage done in violence will be recovered by selling the property of the rioters. If needed, bulldozers will also be run.
He said- loss will be made soon to the victims. Those who attacked the police will impose rigorous streams against them. He said on the opposition’s charge that the violence was not intelligence failure or political conspiracy.
Fadnavis said that the news of tampering with Lady Constable is not true. Stones were definitely thrown at them. On the Shiv Sena’s claim of violence being connection with Bangladesh, he said that it is too early to say. However, this angle is also being investigated.

CM Fadnavis held a meeting with police officers on Saturday regarding Nagpur violence.
Curfew removed from Nagpur on Sunday
Earlier, six days after the violence in Nagpur, a complete curfew has been lifted in the city on Sunday. Police Commissioner Ravindra Singhal ordered the removal of curfew from the remaining Kotwali, Tehsil, Ganeshpeth and Yashodhara Nagar police station areas from 3 pm on Sunday.
However, patrolling will continue with police deployment in sensitive areas. Earlier on March 22, Pachpavali, Shantinagar, Lakdganj, Sakkardara and Imamwada, while on March 20, Nandanvan and Kapil Nagar police station areas were lifted.
The Bajrang Dal and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad demonstrated all over Maharashtra on 17 March to demand the removal of Aurangzeb’s tomb from Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar (Aurangabad). During this time a green cloth was burnt in Nagpur. There was a dispute over this, which later took the form of violence.
The other side alleged that a green sheet was lit in the demonstration, on which the verses of the Quran were written. Curfew was imposed in 11 police station areas of the city after the violence erupted. 33 policemen, including three deputy police commissioner level officers, were injured in the violence.

Leaders of Vishwa Hindu Parishad have also been arrested on charges of violence.
Ajit said-will not spare the eye to the Muslims Deputy CM Ajit Pawar said- whoever shows the eye to the Muslim brothers, will disrupt law and order by provoking conflict between two groups and trying to take the law into their own hands. Whatever it is, he will not be spared or forgiven under any circumstances. Pawar’s statement came by the party during the Iftar party on March 21 at Islam Gymkhana, Mumbai.


Aurangzeb dispute timeline …
Of March 3 SP MLA said- Aurangzeb is not a cruel ruler The entire controversy began with the statement of Maharashtra SP MLA Abu Azmi. He said on 3 March- We are being shown wrong history. Aurangzeb has built many temples. I do not consider him a cruel ruler. If someone says that this fight was about Hindu-Muslim, I do not believe it.
It was alleged that Azmi made derogatory remarks on Shivaji Maharaj and Sambhaji Maharaj. Azmi withdrew her statement on 4 March as the dispute escalated. He said- ‘My words are shown by distorting. Still, if someone is hurt by my point, then I withdraw my statement.

Azmi suspended for the entire budget session The budget session of Maharashtra Legislative Assembly is going on. After Abu Azmi, he was suspended for the entire session. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis condemned his statement inside the assembly. Deputy CM Eknath Shinde said that Azmi should be tried for treason.
The matter did not stop here, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath also criticized Azmi’s statement during the budget session in the UP Legislative Assembly. He said- the member who glorified the faith of India should be thrown out of the SP. Call him (Abu Azmi) here. UP does not delay in treating such people.

Aurangzeb’s demand to demolish the grave, support of CM Fadnavis Amid the growing controversy, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s descendant and BJP MP from Satara Udayanraje Bhonsle demanded to demolish Aurangzeb’s tomb. He said- Sent a JCB machine and drop his (Aurangzeb) grave, he was a thief and a robber. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis also supported this demand.
Telangana BJP MLA T Raja Singh also demanded the removal of the tomb. He wrote a letter to Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat asking for details of the expenditure on the maintenance of the tomb. The king said- not a single rupee of taxpayers should be spent on the grave of the person who suppresses our culture.

Aurangzeb’s grave was built in 1707 The grave of Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb is 25 km from Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar in Khuldabad. According to historians, when Aurangzeb’s death in 1707, he was buried near the dargah of his spiritual guru Sheikh Zainuddin in Khuldabad as per the wishes of the emperor.
Aurangzeb’s tomb was made of ordinary earthen, in which the British Viceroy Curzon later got marble. This place is considered to be historical and religiously important, where people still reach to pay tribute.
——————————————————–
Read this ground report on Nagpur violence …
The person who burn the sheet said- she was a sari, spread riot with edited video

‘We were agitating on the birth anniversary of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. We lit Aurangzeb’s grave as a symbol. It was made of grass and waste. There was also a sari -like cloth, which our worker found lying on the roadside. It is rumored that we lit the religious sentiment hurting. Photos and videos have been uploaded on social media. Amol Thackeray is the city minister of Vishwa Hindu Parishad in Nagpur. Read full news …
The city was calm even if Babri collapsed, who made the video viral and spread the riot

On December 6, 1992, the disputed structure of Babri Masjid was demolished in Ayodhya. Apart from UP, Gujarat, Delhi, MP, riots erupted all over Maharashtra. At that time, Nagpur remained calm at that time on March 17, 2025, on the demand of Aurangzeb’s demolition. The rumor spread that the verses of the Quran have been lit in the Protest of VHP and Bajrang Dal. It is alleged that violence was spread by the video viral. Read full news …