Chhattisgarh: Unknown assailants killed a person in Bijapur

In the Naxal -affected Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, a 27 -year -old man was attacked and killed by unknown assailants with a sharp weapon. Police officials gave this information on Friday.

Police officials said that there is a possibility that the Naxalites have carried out the incident. However, no Maoist paper has been recovered from the spot. He said that the incident took place on Thursday and Friday in Mankili village of Bijapur police station area.

According to the officials, according to preliminary information, a group of attackers reached the village and escaped in the forest after killing Suresh Kotsa with a sharp weapon. He said that after receiving information about the incident, the police team was sent to the spot on Friday. The police later sent the body for postmortem.

Officials said no Maoist papers have been recovered from the spot. However, prima facie it appears that the incident has been carried out by the Naxalites. Police is investigating all possible aspects of the incident.

He said that a search operation is going on in the area to search for the attackers. So far this year, about 32 people have lost their lives in Maoist violence in the Bastar region of seven districts including Bijapur.

Source link